Forest Trail project - part 1

124»

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

Oh don't mind me - I'm a wee bit busy reinstalling things. I think I will start a new thread for part 2 when I have something new to show. Feel free to carry on talking here. It would be awkward trying to move the whole thing to a new thread.

• jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker
    edited November 2022

The single POINT entities on a sheet to hod it in place were removed a while back because they kept leaving weird visual garbage with certain effects like outer glows or edge striping. I think that the command to manually kill those points and use the new automatic stuff is UNPINSHEETS or something like that. If I were setting out to write a SHEETPURGE command (or PURGESHT or whatever it might be called), I would ignore those kinds of entities and also other non-visual entities like NOTE entities that happen to be on the sheet.

My question was mostly about what a user's expectations might be. A wayward GOSHEET command, for example, would create an sheet with no entities and no effects at the end of the sheet list. Importing a template into the current drawing, on the other hand, might create a lot of sheets that important to the style, but that have no entities but some associated effects. Getting rid of the accidental GOSHEET without getting rid of the template import is the difference between a sheet within no entities and no effects or one with no entities but still some effects.

"Every forum topic will eventually evolve into some other completely different topic" is the politest possible version of Godwin's law. In the case of this topic, the progression was surprisingly relevant and straightforward.

LoopysueJimP

"Every forum topic will eventually evolve into some other completely different topic" is the politest possible version of Godwin's law. In the case of this topic, the progression was surprisingly relevant and straightforward.

I think it went amazingly well! LOL!

JimP
  • Jeff BJeff B Betatester 🖼️ 37 images Surveyor

I'll take the blame for the hijacked forum topic. With pleasure by the way.

Sue guess your PC is not as bad as you thought you are still online.

I haven't done the reseating. I reinstalled Windows instead. That hasn't cured it - 8 blue screens yesterday. Today I had none until my second session, when it went less than 5 minutes after start up.

I know - doesn't make sense does it. Well, the UPS I ordered should be here tomorrow.

Anyway - I'm still trying to find and reinstall all my software, so carry on...

JimP
  • hugs

Sending good vibes!

Cal

PS: same thing is happening to one player in our gaming group; hmmmm

EukalyptusNow

Thank you Calibre :)

EukalyptusNow
  • If the UPS doesn't take care of it, my suspicion would be either a bad hardware driver update, or a hardware problem. Both can be a real bear to troubleshoot. (As I recall, your computer is fairly new, so I'd lean more towards a driver update, since Windows can't be stopped from installing updates whenever it feels like it.)

We still don't know what it is, taustinoc, but I will be doing that reseating tomorrow morning as soon as the daylight is strong enough to see all those little details you can never see by artificial light alone.

I have a plan B, and a plan C, if this all goes really wrong. Don't worry :)

• Before you put them back in, use canned air to clean the sockets. I suggest holding the can sbout 4 inches away from the sockets. I dont think close up will damage them.

• 18 days later

To keep the two parts of this project separated I've started a new thread here:

https://forum.profantasy.com/discussion/13068/forest-trail-project-part-2

JimP