Creating a LONG wall

For one of my Fantasy novels, I need to have a wall to keep an empire safe from the nomadic warriors to the north. I'm trying to create something like the Great Wall of China, but it's only ~300 miles long between two mountain ranges. The overall map is ~3,500 miles across so the Wall details will be kind of small - unless someone zooms in on it, which is possible. I don't want to just draw a line and say WALL, but I haven't found anything that would be a good representation :-( I've attached a copy of the map so someone can see - the wall is in the northern part of the Gaitrian Empire separating it from the Steppe of Tian, and I drew a line using Stone as the filler, but it doesn't look all that great. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

If you had stuck to the main style I would have said that a line would be the best.

But since you have already imported colour symbols from Mike Schley, you might also use the walls he made recently in one of this new symbol packs. They should be available to download from your account page in the CC3+ group if you haven't already got them.