Heraldry Symbols

I have been looking for a heraldry symbol of the wreath that I can change the colors on as in these examples. not sure if Wreath is the correct term. does any thig like this exist yet ? or is it going to be a hand drawn thing for me to do?

Octorilla

Best Answers

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    edited April 2022 Accepted Answer

@Quayuazue - I had too much of a headache to get on with what I was supposed to be doing, so I found a laurel wreath I used in another design and made this vector symbol for you. Here is the FCW showing you how to use it on shields of more than one colour like the examples you gave (basically, draw two shields on top of one another but reverse the colouring on the top one, add a Color Key, and then place the laurels symbol on that top shield).

And this is the symbol catalogue containing just that one symbol so you can open it in any FCW file you have going.

If you don't want to use it as a color key shape, but want an actual black or white version you can clone and edit copies of it.

This is a free symbol, so don't get all hung up about rights and modifying it. It's literally something that helped me forget the headache ;)

QuayuazueMonsenGlitchOctorilla
  • Accepted Answer

If you want some alternatives, including wreath-forms, as well as types of leaves and other items used in wreath-shaped heraldic structures, there's a selection on the Book of Traceable Heraldic Art site here.

Wikimedia Commons has a lot more images of actual heraldic designs incorporating various wreath types here.

Good luck!

QuayuazueOctorilla

Answers