License Question

Copied from License Page

USE OF SYMBOLS AND ARTWORK

This product includes a large amount of symbols, fill-styles and other artwork in a variety of file formats (OUR ARTWORK). This section sets out how you can distribute maps containing OUR ARTWORK.

(i) Subject to the restrictions in section ii and iii, you may freely distribute the maps you create using OUR ARTWORK in CC3 format, but not the source image files (PNG and bitmap artwork) associated with them, and you may freely distribute flat files (for example BMP and PNG) exported from CC3 or third-party applications containing OUR ARTWORK. You may publish such maps for commercial gain.

(ii) You may not redistribute any map that in our sole opinion is, or appears to be, for the purpose of disseminating OUR ARTWORK. Think of your maps as documents, and our symbols as fonts. You can print a document containing Times New Roman font, but you can't give the font file away, or produce a "font book".

(iii) You may not produce commercial products which consist predominantly of floorplan-resolution exports of OUR ARTWORK without written permission from ProFantasy Software Ltd. This includes but is not limited to PDF dungeon tiles.

It may seem obvious, but I don't want to take any chances. Maybe the above words translate into "royalty-free" use, but it never uses that exact phrase. I think it is legal and acceptable to alter royalty-free artwork; therefore, I believe I can create maps (and other things) with altered CC3+ artwork (symbols and bitmaps) and make them available to the public in a flat file format such as image files like BMP & PNG. Changing a Overland Schley Mountain or a Dungeon Bed does not violate the license in this case as long as I never distribute the individual files, correct?

The last thing I need to do is post my newest map and have it full of unintentional violations :).

Glitch

Comments