FT3+ Bugs

davehogg56davehogg56 Newcomer
edited April 2022 in Community Support

Is it just me or is FT3+ even buggier than FT3 was? I'm trying to follow the workflow that Quenten demonstrated in this post and the software crashes (no error message - it just vanishes) on multiple steps. Even if I save after every step, the Find Rivers command simply covers the entire map in rivers.

Also, you still can't adjust the temperature - no matter how you set the paint tool, you get arctic tundra.

(It has fixed the 180 degrees of longitude bug, so you don't have to avoid having land there.)

Comments

• jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker

I was able to complete all of the steps in Quenten's list without any crashes or program disappearance. I did get some river misbehavior, but I'm already looking into that particular problem.

Also, you still can't adjust the temperature - no matter how you set the paint tool, you get arctic tundra.

Which paint tool is this?

Many of the features of FT3+ as compared to FT3 are quality of life features, internal reorganization to work well as a 64-bit program, and UI updates. There are also some significant additions to the CC3+ export relating how sheets are managed. There are some bug fixes in there as well, but also some new and exciting bugs as well!

• If I click on Tools -> Paint Raise -> Temperature, set the paintbrush to 100x100 and the value to .01 - something that should gently raise the temperature of the area - the result is solid ice.

"but also some new and exciting bugs as well!"

Yay!! 😂

I wonder if updating everything has overwhelmed my poor laptop. I'll have to keep playing with it.

• jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker
    edited April 2022

Celsius, Fahrenheit. It's the same whether it's relative or absolute, right? Pick the temperature that you want to use to modify the value and add 32 to it (32.5 seems to be a nice and controllable number).

One more for the bug list. Thank you for taking the time to report the issues you're having.

davehogg56