How do I delete a wall?

Started my first floorplan map but seem to have hit some snags that makes mapping in it extremely frustrating.

The first issue - I can't see my cursor when it is over any background. Doesn't seem to matter which background I choose to make the map with (tried 5 so far), they ALL seem to make my cursor disappear. Generally only 1 of the crosshair lines show, and I end up unable to accurately place a wall down. Which leads to the second issue...

I can't delete or edit my walls. I can't select it to edit the node, I can't send behind or to front, I can't edit the properties. The wall layer is unfrozen. I thawed all layers and I still could edit, select, or delete my walls. I can't interact with them in any way. If I place a wall, it's either there for good, or time for a new map.

Comments

• If I need to delete a wall, I bring up the layer requestor.

Select Walls layer. Freeze and hide everything else. Click okay.

You can then erase any wall. If the walls disappear, they are on the wrong layer.

Click on each layer, one at a time, and click apply at the bottom of the layer requestor, until the walls appear.

Show and thaw that one layer. Click okay.

Erase the wall you need to delete.

Then click on the layer requestor and click on show all, and then on okay.

If that doesn't work, please attach the fcw file using the paperclip icon at the bottom of your reply and we will look it over.

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

The cursor issue sounds weird, I can't reproduce that myself. for me, the crosshairs is normally visible fine 99%+ of the time. It is drawn using an XOR algorithm, meaning it will always be the opposite of the background so it should be easily visible. The worst backgrounds is very noisy ones, but it should still be visible. There are two options though, either use the regular arrow cursor instead of the crosshairs, which you can toggle from the Tools menu -> Drawing Aids -> Toggle crosshairs (You can do this in the middle of a command, but note that the keyboard shortcut can't always be used mid-command because the t conflicts with hitting the letter t to start tracing in drawing tools). The other option is to simply hide the background while working.

For selecting walls, remember that these are lines, you need to select them by clicking on the centerline, not the edge.