Fill Style doesn't let me draw lines in another fill than whatever I had had it as

I am hopping mad, livid, furious ... You get the picture?

Why am I thus? Yesterday I had experimented with using fill styles with lines/boxes/other shapes. Today I went back to my space ship. I had no problems this morning but this afternoon when I went to do some bulkheads they came out in whatever fill was showing in the Fill Style box at the top of the window.

I reinstalled CC3+ BUT the at the end of the process the .exe must have been corrupted because I needed to close the process. I tried to open the file that I have [hopefully] attached to this along with 2 screen grabs. My licence key isn't invalid - I can replace that easy enough - but the error message doesn't mean anything to me.

EDIT I don't know what is in the .fcw file. when I looked at it there were just one bulkhead and my guide-lines.

Comments

• jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker

I am not certain what happened with the drawing file. When I opened the file on my machine, I got this image:

If you're not getting that image (it looks like I'm missing some textures on my rather minimal installation, so yours should look better), something else has gone wrong and contacting ProFantasy Technical Support directly will likely get you the best results.

The "cannot read CC2PER-General.opt" message indicates that the Perspectives add-on program is installed, but that its configuration file ("CC2PER-General.opt") isn't, for some reason. If you haven't installed the Perspectives add-on, doing so and then running the latest update should fix the problem. If you have installed it and run the latest update but it's still not working, please contact ProFantasy Technical Support directly for best results.

The "License Key Is Invalid" message indicates that the license key that CC3+ is trying to read from the CC3PlusCfg.xml file doesn't match the expected value that was written by the installer. Most likely, something corrupted the configuration file or the installer ended prematurely. Re-running the latest update may fix this problem. If not, please contact ProFantasy Technical Support directly for best results. I've been saying that a lot; sorry about that.

Loopysue
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    edited March 2022

Reinstalling the newest update has fixed the licence key issue for several others so far.

JimP
  • In my experience, reinstalling should be the last resort. IIRC, whatever is in the fill style is what is going to be used. So, whatever tool you switched to when drawing the bulkheads was not changing the fill automatically like it normally would. There are many ways to fix that.

• I've contacted Tech.Support as I can't even get CC3+ to open!

Have you tried double clicking a different file, rather than opening CC3 directly?

Sometimes, if you have a corrupted file you can only open CC3 indirectly by opening a file instead of the app.

• I have, @Loopysue but I can't get anything to open, hence why I made contact with Tech.Support. 😪

JimP

Oh, poor you!

Well, hopefully Tech Support will be able to sort it out for you.