Atlas - Forlorn Archipelago - Justice Island - Not The Twin dungeon

I think on Justice Island, southwest of Squeak Isle, in the mountains on Justice Island.

Somewhere in the southwest part of this screenshot. What do you think ?

this dungeon:

Ricko Hasche

Comments

• Yes, a good setting.

Are you going to do the overland map. or do you want someone else to do it.

• JimPJimP 🖼️ 280 images Cartographer
    edited March 2022

It would be great if some else did the surface. I'm on my cell so I don't remember if anything in that area has names; like the rivers, mountains, etc. So whomever does the surface can name the local areas.

I've been tired for the past month. So I'll finish up the iso dungeon and someone else can do the rest. A mutual submission.

I do wonder if I should do screenshots so details show.

Anyway I'm going to relax and watch some cartoon dvds I have.

• I'll do the surface map. Do you want more than 1 dungeon entrance, or not.

• There are 2. One upper left, and one upper right.

• Note the name change to Not The Twin.

I've come up with I think a completely different iso dungeon setup. I'll start a new thread for it.

Loopysue
  • Not The Twin update. Larger in gallery.

Loopysue[Deleted User]Ricko Hasche
  • I now have the maps labeled in the fcw file. So hopefully I won't post the wrong map in a thread.

Loopysue
    edited March 2022

Updated map. I think this is it, unles someone has a suggestion. Not sure when I'll have the text typed up, likely after mid-week.

larger, 3000 pixel jpg, in my gallery.

edit: I'm adding in the fcw so you can zoom around and look it over in detail. I am using Perspectives along with CA66.

LoopysueMonsen[Deleted User]GlitchRicko Hasche
  • GlitchGlitch Surveyor

Thanks for posting the files - I learn alot from pulling apart and trying to understand the techniques being used.

• Some map updates and the text. If no feedback by Tuesday of next week, I'll submit for the Atlas.

Not The Twin Dungeon

Former home of a guy who got tired of people who kept claiming he was a twin. His siblings didn't look like him at all. Yet townsfolk kept saying it. So one day he left and build part of this dungeon to get away from them.

Rooms are 10 feet high walls unless otherwise stated.

Monster placement is up to the referee.

The rooms and stairs could be cutaway so you can see the room interiors, or there might not be any walls for the rooms or the stairs other than what is mapped. Your decision.

1) one entrance. Water flowing form the side, helps keep the lake below filled.

A pile of skeletons blocks the only path that isn't slippery. Look like kobolds or orcs. He Who was Not A Twin must have needed to defend the place a few times.

2) A pile of rocks and 4 stalagmites block access to as chest. How a chest be this close to the entrance and not be opened and whatever is in it stolen ?

Wide steps lead downwards to room 5. A stone door has to be opened for the other stairs down to room 3.

3) A pile of rocks. Did they just move ? Five stalagmites block the path to a broken wood door down to room 7. Stone door leads down to room 4.

4) chest and a large open pit. Does the pit drop characters down to room 4B ? Or not ? Could it be an illusion ?

4B ) A small room with various bones and skeletons. No exit unless someone has a grapnel hook on a rope.

5) Two bookshelves, mostly empty. Two chests. A cage. Two open pit traps. Two piles of rock, with another pile stacked in front of the wooden door. Moving the third pile in front of the door causes the door to scream softly. Open stairs, no rails nor walls, leads down to room 6. A wooden door leads down to some wobbly wood stairs and touches the stairs between room 3 and room 7. These wooden stairs may or may not be connected to anything.

6 ) A wood table with a small wood box on it. Three piles of bones. One of the piles squeaks when touched or moved. Four piles of rocks. A big open pit.

No obvious levers to get the portcullis out of the path.

The wood stairs up to the top of the wall piece radiate magic. Nothing there.

Stone door leads to stairs down to room 21.

7 ) Two male fighter statues holding up swords. Could the swords be treasures ? Open pit. Two small chests. Two bodies under debris. Wood door leads down to a stone door into room 8.

A secret door leads down to room 9.

8 ) Three torches. Two drains. An open wood door leading down to room 9B.

9 ) Wood door down from room 7. Bookshelf with books written in elf. Three empty cages. A chair and table with a candle on the table. A small bench. The portcullis is the only wall area preventing a fall. A rope bridge leads over to room 22.

9B ) Two open pits down to the water. A male fighter stature with sword. An empty bookshelf, but the middle shelf has a shimmering area. A floor drain. A table and chairs with some nice plates of food on the table. Bread and cutting board, vegetables and meat. Two bone piles.

Portcullis blocking the opening to room 9C. Portcullis blocking path to room 9D.

9C ) Middle room. Stone door into room 9. Wood door into area 9D.

9D ) Entrance to this area blocked by a wood door, and two portcullises. No wall on the side towards room 22.

10 ) Anyone rushing in from room 22 is going to go through the curtain and fall into the water far below. Two wood boxes. Two clean beds. The ceiling is 18 feet high.

11 ) second entrance. Slippery area. A slip and the characters falls to 11B. Rock piles. Some bones. An open pit to the water far below. Stairs go up to room 12. The wood steps could be rotted.

A throne with two chairs beside it.

12 ) Three fresh torches light up this room. A floor drain. A cage. Two chests. A ramp leads down to a portcullis and room 13. A stone door leads down stairs to part of room 11.

13 ) A lever to the side of the portcullis raises it. A male fighter stature with sword. A pile of rocks.

14 ) A small room with a curtain. Wood door and stairs leads down to room 16.

15 ) A cage. A bookshelf. Wood table with three candles in holders. Broken wood door down to room 20. A wood door down to room 16.

16 ) Several entrances and exits. An archway. Stairs coming in via the ceiling. A wood door leading downwards to room 21B. Broken table.

17 ) A number of stalagmites. Wood box. A small chest. Two fresh torches. A pile of rocks. Wood door leads to wood stairs down to room 18.

18 ) A very small room. Can hold only 2 or 3 characters at the same time. Stiars up to room 18. Stone door and stairs down to room 19.

19 ) Three chairs. One looks like someone sat in it recently. Open pit down to the water. A pile of bones. Stone stairs up to room 18. Rope bridge to room 20.

20 ) A cage.

21 ) walls are 20 feet high. Two trees and a small lake. Careful, a character can punch through the water and fall into the lake far below. Two piles of debris. Could be something useful in one or both of them. Table, candle, chopping board, and cleaver. A torch. Four portcullis around a pile of debris. A stone path across the shallow water.

21B ) Walls are 20 feet high. Stairs into the room through the wall.Wood bench. Debris pile.

21C ) Opening through wall into this room. Two wood benches. One might have a secret compartment. A rope bridge leads to room 23.

21D ) Stone door into the room. Appears to be empty.

22 ) A long room. Open pit. Two wood doors and a rope bridge lead into it.

23 ) An open floor. Only wall pieces are those shown. A cutting board with cleaver, and a candle, is on the floor. Stone stairs lead to room 27 and room 28.

24 ) An evil temple at location 24. A coffin, a knight's burial. The doorway has the ability to block Good from entering.

If the knight's stone burial is opened, he will sit up, point to the characters and say 'Doom Looms !', then falls back and the lid will close back.

Two torches the flames are red, not yellow. A male statue above a sacrifice stone table. Six stalagmites. A collapsed small room.

25 ) A wobbly walk. it is possible for a character to slip and fall to the water below. No walls.

26 ) A character walks up to the table, and is told 'You may take one item'. The two book shelves have books and scrolls. A chest with money and various other items. A small wood box. Two torches. Two ghostly figures sit in the chairs. They are not undead.

Only those walls shown are there.

27 ) A dead body under debris, a chest, and a wood spike barrier that is incomplete. Two stalagmites. Rock pile.

27B ) Chest. A face down skeleton.

28 ) Only have the walls shown. wobbly footing. One torch which is about to burn out. Stairs go down to room 29. Up stairs go to room 23.

29 ) A stone platform. No walls. Rope bridge goes over and down to room 30. The wood stairs aren't fastened to anything.

30 ) A small stone area and walkway. The path leads up to room 29. The other to room 24.

[Deleted User]MonsenRicko Hasche
    edited April 2022

I did a spell check. Here is the zip file with text.

bad fcw deleted by me.