Help, red drawn lava lake disappears

Hi! I try to draw an red lava lake to the drake island but it disappears or leaves and grey area to the place i drawed the lake. How can I make the red lake stay?

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

Hi Nikode :)

It's very likely to still be there, but it may be on a sheet that is higher up the sheet order than the land itself, or on a sheet with such an enormous Edge Fade Inner sheet effect (EFI) that there's not enough lake area for it to still exist after the EFI, or on a layer that has been hidden.

Open the Layers dialog (click the little window in the top bar that has text in it starting with "L:...") and make sure that the only hidden layer is the TEMPLATE layer. Ok that, and then open the Sheets and Effects dialog and hide the LAND sheet. Ok that, and then use List on the Info menu to find out which sheet the lava lake you drew is on.

Once you know that you can either move the sheet down the list until it is underneath the LAND sheet (sheets are drawn in the order listed, so underneath in the list is above in the map), or you can use the Change Properties tool to move the lake to a different sheet - one that is below the LAND sheet in the list.

If you still can't see the lava lake once you have done all of that, you can always share the FCW with us right here and we can have a look - see if we can find it for you.

JimP