Classic Dungeon reworked.

edited March 2022 in Show and Tell

Hi Everybody,

I thought I would do a version of the "Vault of the Drow", from the classic module by EGG, D3 Vault of the Drow.

I followed the advice in one of Monsen's vids to produce the coloured background.

I used the description in the module for the vault, as the Drow, or those with infravision, see it.

The second map depicts the politics in play when the players arrive at the vault. Black with silver writing are the followers of lolth, gold with purple writing are the followers of the Elder Elemental Eye (Ghaunadaur), and the green with red writing are the neutral factions, (although they follow Lolth, they could be persuaded to change).

Also, Mike Schleys symbols came out when I was half way through the map, so I changed what was there previously for the fungal forest symbol.

Finally, I changed the scale of the map and made it 10 times larger than the original. My advice for D+D, think big.

Dak

This is the original from D3

MonsenWyvernLoopysueEdE[Deleted User]Ricko HascheDaltonSpenceCalibre

Comments

• Yeah, back in 1980, we'd have killed for the range of mapping texture options available today! That original forest fill was used everywhere pretty much, as I think it was the only one of its kind available for this sort of graphic design work - either from dry-transfer rub-down sheets, or maybe some of the fancier printed sheets you could cut and glue in place. And you still had to draw the forest border edge by hand...