No matching tool

I don't know how to redirect, in this instance, Cosmographer, to fix this.

I installed everything as per installer but I have come across this type of error in recent days, so what is going wrong?

Best Answer

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Accepted Answer

That error means that there is no such tool in the current style.

Based on what I can see in your screenshot, you have a sheet named ORBITS active, so it seems to me that this is a starmap-style and not a deckplan-style, and as such, it won't contain tools for such things.

Cosmographer actually contains 3 different menus, since it can do all of deckplans, overland and starmaps, all of which have different needs when it comes to tools. If you have clicked around on the add-on buttons, you may have accidentally ended up with the wrong menu. This is easily fixable by saving the current map, then loading it again, and it will automatically load the correct menu for the map style. You can also right click the Cosmographer button and pick a menu.

Answers

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Accepted Answer

That error means that there is no such tool in the current style.

Based on what I can see in your screenshot, you have a sheet named ORBITS active, so it seems to me that this is a starmap-style and not a deckplan-style, and as such, it won't contain tools for such things.

Cosmographer actually contains 3 different menus, since it can do all of deckplans, overland and starmaps, all of which have different needs when it comes to tools. If you have clicked around on the add-on buttons, you may have accidentally ended up with the wrong menu. This is easily fixable by saving the current map, then loading it again, and it will automatically load the correct menu for the map style. You can also right click the Cosmographer button and pick a menu.