Filter DLL Files Missing

Like the title says, the dll files in my CC3+ Filters are missing, except for FilterTest2.dll. I haven't installed new software, no Windows update, didn't erase any files. The Sheets were working yesterday, but suddenly stopped working today. Tried reloading the file without saving. Rebooted the computer. Nothing worked.

How can I replace the missing files?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited February 2022

I think you may be looking in the wrong place for the files. FilterTest2.dll is found in the Filters directory inside the data directory (C:\ProgramData\Profantasy\CC3Plus\Filters), but this is not where the actual dll's reside (unsure why that test dll is there at all). The actual dll files are inside the Filters subdir in the CC3+ installation directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\ProFantasy\CC3Plus\Filters) (and there is no FilterTest2.dll there).

Try creating a new map and see if there is any difference.

Loopysue
  • RBSealeyRBSealey Newcomer
    edited February 2022

Ok. Thanks.

EDIT: Loaded another map, and the sheets were working.

So how can I get sheets to work on my other map?

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

First, make sure that you haven't hid the MERGE layer, as that will also hide effects, and obviously that effects are actually turned on.

If that doesn't work, try starting a new map in the same style and size, and then use Draw -> Insert file to insert the current map into the new one. You may want to delete everything in the new map first to avoid duplicate borders and background and such.

• That fixed it. Thanks!

• Follow Up: While opening the old file in a new, blank file worked to restore sheet functionality, it hasn't stopped the problem with sheets not working. After working on a new map, the same thing happened again. Here's the file:

I saved a backup in case something like this happened. The sheets still work. Here it is:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    edited February 2022

I have just downloaded and opened the first of those two files.

I can't see any problems with it on my PC. What did you mean when you said the sheets weren't working?

Here is a small part of the map as a screen shot. Those red Xs are there because their are images you have imported that don't exist on my system, but that's the way CC3 shows the space where artwork is missing.

JimP
  • It's odd...the transparency on my JPG layer worked, but the edge glow effects and shadows stopped working. For the moment, I'm going to finish the map without sheets, then do the copy and paste thing again.

Is it possibly a memory error? It seems unlikely, given the specs of my laptop. It renders lengthy videos without issue. Perhaps I have too many symbols or something.

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

I don't know the answer to those questions.

Maybe this is something that Tech Support would need to look at?