Missing buttons

Hi all, I'm moving computer and am in the process of installing all the ProFantasy apps I have. However, and it’s a big however, I have only 2 (or sometimes 3) buttons instead of 12. I don't know what's going on. I have no way of switching between style sheets or anything.

Has anyone had the same experience?

+

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

Three quesitons immediately spring to mind...

Did you download fresh installers for each part before you started?

What order did you install them in?

And - did you allow each installer to open CC3 (even if only for a moment) at the end of the process?

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

Also, as the last step after installing everything, always (re-)install the latest update.

LoopysueScottA
  • @Loopysue I'm going to take your questions in order:

1 I downloaded fresh from the site; didn't want to rely on the files from my laptop

2 The order was CC3+, last years annual (with Darklands & Marine dungeon), 2008's annual (with Scotts' Cottage), City Des, DD3+, FT3+, and SS2

3 no I didn't. Why?

@Monsen I was doing a totally fresh install, so why reinstall, I assume, CC3+?

On the third point of mine, you should always allow the installers to open CC3 if they are set to do that by default. It doesn't matter if you instantly close CC3 again as soon as it opens, just as long as you allow it to happen. Unexpected results can crop up if you don't.

edited February 2022

No, not reinstall CC3+ itself, but the latest update (Currently update 27). The update fixes things not just with the core CC3+ install, but also updates files from the add-ons which is why it should always be installed after installing an update (or at the end if you install several in a row) even if you have installed it previously.

LoopysueScottA
    edited February 2022

You don't need to start again. Just run the update installer (Update 27, 3.97 update) and let it take care of things.

LoopysueJimP
  • edited February 2022

Hi again, I was on a roll this morning and got the vast majority of the programs installed - until I came to SS2 Floor plans. I installed it, and opened CC3+ as I had been doing after each install, I opened CC3+. Yes the button was there, but when I clicked it I got the SS4 symbols! The other thing that I found odd was the example image. It is from last years annual but I'd not installed it yet this time round.

I uninstalled SS2 and I noticed sometimes that the symbol the path wasn't /Symbols/Floorplans/ but Symbols/Dungeons (I had installed SS4 first by accident) so I looked in Symbols hoping that I'd seen wrongly. I hadn't. There isn't a Floorplans folder in the Symbols one. I reinstalled SS2, but that didn't help at all. I was getting one of the Annuals but without knowing where to look for the pngs I may as well have not reinstalled SS2.

What is going on?

PS I have found the a SS2 folder -- buried inside the Dungeons in Symbols!!!! What do I do? Just move the folder up a level or what?

The SS2 folder isn't the one containing the proper SS2 png files. This one, on a quick look, contains a miss-mash of symbols that you'd find in Temples or in an expanded Dungeon folder sub-folder.

edited February 2022

First rule of installing any piece of PF software is - don't start manually moving anything around. I am aware that some bad advice was recently given on the FB Group page about moving things around, but this is a recipe for disaster. Please don't do that.

The installers put things in the right place, however, not all Symbol Sets have the same structure, so you can't compare them against one another like that.

Carry on installing your add ons (it doesn't actually matter which order you do them in as long as they all come after CC3 and you do a final reinstall of the most recent CC3 Update at the end of the process).

SS1 and SS2 don't have buttons.

ScottA
  • I wrote:

PS I have found the a SS2 folder -- buried inside the Dungeons in Symbols!!!! What do I do? Just move the folder up a level or what?

While having a bath just now I realised that the SS2 in the Dungeons folder isn't SS2, or at least not the SS that I bought and that has office furniture as well as things like microwaves, fridges and so on, it is Fantasy Floorplans (SS1 ??) which I haven't bought. What do I do about it? Talk to tech support? The Floorplans I bought has a button - I think @Loopysue .

Modern Floorplans is from SS3: Modern.

Loopysue
  • Ah

That's why I'm missing that button! Thanks @Monsen .