City Designer Lag

Happy Saturday all,

I'm working in CD3 (using the 'Cities of Schley' symbol set) and I've got a pretty significant slow down as I place more buildings. I'm assuming (I know, I know) that it's coming from the global sun effect that's being cast on the roofs of each building, I do have effects turned off.

My question: Is there a way to disable the roof lighting effect? Is it an independent setting from "Global Sun'?

When I right click the 'Sheet Effects' button, go into 'Display Speed...', checking or unchecking 'Disable Shading' doesn't seem to affect the roof shading.

Thanks everyone!

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 40 images Cartographer

That has little to no effect.

What usually causes the problem is if you have loads of House entities rather than symbols, because they are built from filled polygons and dramatically increase the node count.

You can work on a district at a time and then move a completed district to a layer of it's own and hide it until you need it later to check on how things look overall, or for rendering.

jonasgreenfeather
  • When I switched from my older computer with a 1.6GHz CPU to my newer one with a 3.6GHz cpu, mapping changes happened faster. With the slower computer, there werre sample Annual maps I couldn't load. I can load them now.

I have the same ram on both, 8 gigs. But that is because Windows 10 takes up about a gig of ram just to work.

I have a video card on this newer machine, but its to help in Everquest II, not with mapping.