Help in Dungeon designing thing

Hi!

Can someone help me how to make a hole to a wall to this:

As I make a wall, it always closes it. It would be much prettier if it would'nt have the wall closed to it.

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    edited February 2022

Hi :)

You can use the Break tool to cut a hole in both the wall and the cave wall, which currently crosses the same space.

Hide all the sheets except the WALLS sheet, and work on just the walls without the floors or anything else showing. This is to make sure you don't end up cutting the floor instead of the wall.

If you use the snap grid you should be able to cut both the cave and the room wall at the same point on each side, which will give the illusion of the room and cave walls being one continuous entity.

EDIT: I seem to have 'ninjad' Ralf, who knows a lot more than I do, so his instructions are better ;)

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    edited February 2022

Hide everything but your WALLS sheet, then use the BREAK command (lower left toolbar) to put a gap in both the room and the cave walls. Then show the other walls again.

Alternatively, load the DD3 Wall Feature symbols (click the DD3 button, then the Wall Feature catalog. Use the "Wall Cutter 10" symbol to cut a gap into your wall. You'll need to do it twice, since there are two walls overlapping at that point.

Edit: Ninja'ed by Sue.

Loopysue
  • Look in doors at the top of those symbols you will see dotted lines of different lengths and a pair of scissors.

Your walls need to be thawed on layers, and on the walls layer. I think have to also be on walls sheet.

Just type list and press the enter key. And click on the walls.

A window will show. It will list the sheet first, then the colors, etc. In there it will also list the layer they are on.

You can use the scissors to cut a hole. Since there are two walls, you will probably need to cut twice. Make sure any grid is hidden and frozen on the layer dialog.

I would post a screen shot example, but I am on my cell phone.

• I didn't see the other replies until now.