Can't install City Designer and Dungeon Designer...

I got a new computer a while back and I went recently to reinstall all my stuff, and almost immediately I ran into an issue where City Designer and Dungeon Designer can't find the CC3+ install and just exits.

The thing is, this new computer has a smaller SSD as the C drive and it's just for the OS, I try to install as little as possible to it. I have two other drives that are significantly larger and cheaper HDDs and I installed CC3+ to my E drive (the largest drive I have). So I just swapped the install to E with the default folder structure it wanted. My best guess is because it's not C drive the other programs can't find it? Is there any way to fix this problem? The installers are just exiting out after I put in my registration info with a warning that it can't find CC3+. Very frustrating.

Any help's appreciated! Thanks.

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker

Have you run CC3+ once after moving it somewhere else? After that the installers should find the program again.

• Cc3+ wants to put some files on c: and the rest can go elsewhere. I don't know how much room is needed on c:. However, this has been discussed before here. You might do a search for that.

On my cell phone.

• Thank you for a prompt reply, I really appreciate it. I haven't been on the forums before... didn't have any issues with my previous computer, don't recall where I had it installed before.

I did run CC3+ again after installing it. I had noticed it installed some stuff to C drive, but as long as the bulk of it isn't on there I'm good. It's just computer parts have gotten so pricey that I went with a 1TB SSD and don't want it cluttered up... Windows 10 is good enough at making a mess of it on its little old lonesome.

I'm going to try to re-download everything just in case I goofed and try reinstalling, then if there's no luck I'll hunt the forums for any other answers. I just prefer most things to not be on C: drive.

Thanks again.

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker

Is your E drive a standard hard drive, or a detachable one?

If it still doesn't work, send in a support request from your account at profantasy.com, and I'll see whether I can figure out the problem.