Issue with layers.

Hey, i ran into this weird issue. That have frustrated me to no end as everything i seem to do have no effect on it. I have never experianced this before using normal CC3+. as right now i am trying to make a city using CD.

To put it simply i am trying to make a Snow covered city map. I am doing this by Using All city tool as to put down a layer of water on the bottom. Then i was going to use this tool to build my land mass the city will be placed on. And i intended to do the same thing once again to add a lake in said land mass. Simple enough?

Well, For whatever reason the layers is bugging out. Putting the water layer always on top. I have no idea why it would be doing this. And changing the layer dose absolutely nothing. As for some reason this is tied not to layers but sheets. Yet where the sheet is postion seem to do nothing at all to fix this issue. So i am a bit at a lost hear.

Any ideas?

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

Hi rman88 :)

I looked at the map and discovered that all your entities are on just two sheets. I think you might need to move them so that they are on 3 sheets if I understand what you describe doing - a sort of sea-land-sea sandwich?

The layers are just for grouping stuff. The sheets are far more important. They are to CC3, as PS layers are to PS. Sheets control the order of appearance and hold effects like edge fade, blur and shadows.

• Sheets determine order something is drawn.

Sea

Land

Lake

Top in the sheet list is Sea.

Bottom is lake.

Layers are for grouping, not drawing order.

Ninjaed by Sue !