ChkData DAV has no pending DRQ

Hello, I've been using CC3 for a little while now and when I tried to make a map in the Classic Fantasy style (from the 2015 annual I think) I encountered an error when trying to place vegetation.

I look in the forums and saw that someone else had been able to solve this issue by installing the latest update of CC3. I did that and I am still receiving the same error.

It appears to be something to do with the vegetation placement macro but I don't know enough to fix it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

Did you try SELBYD?

• I did yeah. It didn't seem to do anything.

edited January 2022

I was trying to test this myself, but I think I must have the wrong style open.

This is Classic Fantasy. Is this the style you are using? I don't seem to have any drawing tool macros.

EDIT: Oh I tell a lie! The Terrain Default, Forest tool does have a macro in the drawing tools folder, but it doesn't seem to use one in practice. The box isn't checked in mine. Try unchecking the Use macro command box on the forest tool.

• It's a bit strange though as it seems to have a macro setup but it isn't using that macro. If you check the use macro you might get the same error as I did.

Yes - exactly the same result :)

Maybe it was left over from development and wasn't erased for some reason, but the default setup doesn't use it. The tool works just fine without it.

Might be worth putting in a report to Tech Support to mention the fact that it doesn't work if you try it.

If you also check the second box below that one to tell CC3 to carry out the macro after the drawing tool has been used, you do get a result, but then you get a new rash of error messages. Since the result is a lot of trees that have white backgrounds I think that is probably why it seems to have been abandoned as a bad idea.

However, now that we have sheet effects, if this macro worked without generating error messages, there is a way to blend the parchment texture over the top of the trees and get rid of the white.

Lets see what TS have to say...

JimP