Bergenshire over land map

Hello everybody. This is a small over land map I made. The largest city (or town) is Bergenshire. Any feedback would be appreciated.

JulianDracosjmabbottLoopysueMonsenAleDRicko Hasche

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

Looks a bit weird when place names don't start with capital letters. And is "forzen forest" perhaps a spelling error?

• Thanks for the feedback. I fixed the capital letters. I changed the placement of the names as well. I also made the compass rose smaller and added a glow to it.

LoopysueDaltonSpenceRicko HascheLillhans
  • @JaysOut I like the text changes you made. To me it just seems proper to capitalize the first letter of place names. I was wondering, however, what's coming off the two larger islands? They almost look like rivers or bare tree branches. Oh wait, now I see. It must be wisps of smoke trailing away from those houses. Drifting out over the water like that gives them a weird look at first glance. Maybe those trailers should be more inland, like on your mainland for instance, rather than drifting out over the sea. Also, the houses on the southernmost island look a little big compared to those in Riverburg. Anyway, all in all, the map looks good.

• So the first map has a lot of tiny dots, but the second map they are removed. I like the change, but just making sure that was intentional since you did not mention it as a change.

• .GIF (1st one) vs .JPEG (2nd one) format issue.

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    edited December 2021

Good looking map, there, JaysOut :)

Those dots are 'dithered' colours. They are used when you have to convert a full colour image to one with a limited palette. For example if the palette only has 2 different blues, to grade between them tiny dots of one blue are added to the other.

Back in the good old days, when printers were dot matrix black and white, shades of grey were achieved the same way.