Another text issue with Update 27?

I may have found another problem with text placement under Update 27. It definitely wasn't there a couple of days ago under Update 25, at least.

When I type a new piece of text, single or multi-line, or edit an existing piece of text on a map, I no longer see the crosshairs marking the selected placement point for the text. This makes placing or moving text with precision in relation to other text blocks or fixed objects in a map impossible by-eye, and is - to put it mildly - extremely inconvenient. I've tried the Toggle Crosshairs command under Tools - Drawing Aids, but this seems to make no difference.

Any ideas as to why this has been changed? And can we please have our crosshairs back?!

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

I'm not having that problem. The first time I tried the text was invisible, so I checked and found it was set to 0.2. Once I set it to 10 it behaved quite normally.

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

I also have crosshairs normally on 3.97. Try hitting ctrl+T while in the middle of the command to toggle to see if that helps.

• If I use Edit - Text - Edit Text, it doesn't make any difference when I try Ctrl + T, I don't get the crosshairs showing. Used to always come up as a white cross-line after the command concluded, very helpful for moving the text if it was slightly out of position (such as if the text had been shortened). I understand this isn't the standard crosshairs, part of the delayed redraw in CC3+ more generally, but it was a very helpful cross-guideline, because now there's no way to reliably move an edited piece of text precisely.

I can get crosshairs on a new text line by using Ctrl + T certainly. It's odd that this had been my previous default setting though, and suddenly after installing Update 27 it wasn't. Maybe I hit something by accident after the fresh install though. Odd.

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

Ah, I see what you are talking about. That white "cross-hair" was residue from undesired screen-corruption, and not an intentional thing, so that disappeared when the screen-corruption issues with TED was fixed in update 27.

• Right. That's a bit of a shame, as I've lost track of the number of minor placement errors I've spotted when carrying out Edit Text commands. So easy to make a small slip when using a fine snap grid scaling without realising.