Is there any other way to download CC3+ and the addons from humble bundle?

The download speed is atrocious at 500kb/s, it's taking me 6 hours to download Cartographers Collection 2... I'm starting to think I wasted my money on this software. And no the problem is not on my side as I just downloaded a 5GB file in 5 min to test it...

Answers

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited November 2021

There are no official alternatives, but you could try contacting support and ask.

As for download speeds, all the downloads are hosted on Amazon's services in their datacenters, which are normally very fast. Just did a test here right now, and I am unfortunately only on a 100MBit connection at the moment, but I was easily able to max that connection for the entire download of several GB, so the outgoing bandwidth seems fine.

Maybe you're experiencing some congestion on the path between you and the download servers. Might be trying again a bit later works better for you.

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

Regardless of where the problem is, you might find it easier if you are using a piece of software that allows you to start again from where it left off.

I use IDM myself. There's a 30 day free trial if you don't want to buy it once you've got your stuff.

https://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/