Cartographer´s Collection 2 - installed?

hirudisuhirudisu Newcomer
edited November 2021 in Product Questions

Picked up the humble bundle and have been doing the installs. CC3+ is installed and updated. I just downloaded Cartographer's Collection 2. I unzipped/extracted everything into the download folder, and ran the HCC2_Setup.exe. Last I deleted everything out of the download folder.

When I do a new Overland Map, I see several options, but not one with a picture that matches to the Fantasy World Mapper. I re-downloaded the Cartographer's Collection 2 and checked to see what picture files it has. Under folder Data, then OFFLINE, then 1D10882A I see lots of folders. Opening one of the folders at random, I can see a PNG file Scale Bar_HI.PNG. However, when I search my computer, I cannot find that file or any of the other ones.

Have I misunderstood the install? Did the various packages/programs need to be put into the CC3+ folder and run, with keeping all the files that unzipped?

Thanks.

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    edited November 2021

Hi hirudisu :)

The Fantasy World Mapper collection contains the following Cartographer's Annual issues:

• Comic Books Maps
    • Classic Fantasy
    • Ancient Realms
    • Ancient Realms 2
    • Realms of Legend
    • Spectrum Overland
    • Spectrum Overland 2

These should be installed on your drive in the ProgramData folder, which (if I remember rightly) is a hidden system folder by default, so unless you have set your file browser to reveal hidden folders you won't see them.

When you create a new map the templates for these styles can be found in the New Drawing Wizard in imperial and metric formats here.

Opening a map in any of those styles will give you access to all the associated bitmap fills and symbols that go with the style you have chosen. If you find you have any red crosses when you make a map, either appearing in the map or in the symbol catalogue panel on the left - that is when you know you are missing a png file that should be there.

If you come across any red crosses please inform Tech Support through your Profantasy Account page and let them know? They will then be able to rectify the problem for you, and for anyone else with this package if there is a fault with the download and installer.

I hope that helps :)

hirudisuroflo1
  • THANK YOU! I was looking for a matching name or piece to know the installs work. I was able to find all 5 examples!