FT3: creating binary world from Wilbur surface MDR is rotated 90 degrees and mirrored

I am attempting to create "binary" world using an MDR surface saved from Wilbur. When it appears in FT3, the image is a mirror image and is rotated 90 degrees counter-clockwise of how it looks in Wilbur. Is there a way to rotate and flip the image afterward in FT3 or can I change one of the binary file settings to affect this?

I also tried FT3+ (beta) and the MDR also comes in 90 degrees rotated and mirrored, but the rotation appears to be clockwise. In both FT3 and FT3+ the binary elevation file settings in the dialog appear to be identical.

Thanks,

Brian

Best Answer

Answers

• edited November 2021 Accepted Answer

You have to flip your map vertically before exporting the MDR from Wilbur. Then it should be correct in FT3 when importing it.

This is due to a known issue in FT3 (as far as I know)...

Greetings,

André

Loopysue
  • Thank you for the clarification. Flipping the image vertically in Wilbur prior to using it with FT3 solves my issue. Regarding the different behavior I described in FT3+ beta, that was my mistake. I had been playing around with the fractal parameters with an earlier map and had at one point clicked on the flip X and flip Y options, which I hadn't realized carried over to any newly created maps, which has a side effect of rotating the image 180 degrees. After unchecking those options, the FT3+ beta behaves the same as FT3 when importing Wilbur MDR files.

Thanks again,

Brian