Why Does a Hidden Sheet reshow when I zoom in/out with mouse wheel?

When I hide a sheet and then zoom in or out with the mouse wheel when placing symbols, it often makes the sheet I turned off reshow. I then have to hide it again. Why is this happening? More importantly, how do I stop it?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

Which sheet is that? You cannot hide the the sheet CC3+ wants to place the symbols on. For example, most regular symbols goes to the SYMBOLS sheet, so that will be unhidden whenever you pick a symbol from the symbol catalog (but the screen isn't immediately redrawn, so it won't be visible until you do an action that redraws the screen, such as zooming in/out)

If this is what's happening for you, you can handle it in two ways. Either turn off the option "Symbols choose their own sheet" from the options button in the symbol catalog, OR make sure your current sheet is named something that starts with the word SYMBOLS since CC3+ will then use that instead of the main SYMBOLS sheet.

(Note that some special symbols defaults to another sheet than SYMBOLS, they would show the same behavior with whatever sheet they were set to go on)

LoopysueGlitchroflo1
  • It happens on various sheets depending on the map. Right now, I have a background image that I added to its own sheet. I turn it off. I then go add rivers or symbols. It does not really matter. All the matters is I use the mouse wheel to zoom. Then, the sheet repops. I then turn it off again. Everything is fine. I can even hit redraw. But, if I use the mouse wheel, it comes right back.

This seems worse the longer I work on the map. For example, if I just load things up, it does not happen. It is only after I have turned it on and off a few times that it starts to occur.

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

Not a behavior I've ever encountered, unfortunately (or fortunately, actually)

All I can suggest is that you put in a support request.