Addon/Mappack for lava-worlds?

Hi,

has anyone an idea how best to build a lava world? I'm thinking about an underground world with planes of hardend lava and many flowing lava, kinda the Hades in the Hercules films.

I have not found a asset package that would fit this, so the only idea I currently have is to paint it with rock and grass and then tint it, but it looks ugly :(

Comments

• Check the mega dungeon threads. I know some of the Annuals used had lava bitmap fills.

• Are you thinking of solid continents and islands floating on a lava sea? There would need to be some reason for floating solid masses to exist at all in such an environment. The surface atmosphere of such a world would probably be quite toxic so any habitable environments would be found inside the floating masses. I can't think of any scientific reason for this so the explanation for it would have to arcane (aka magical). As for the structures, I'm thinking "bubble" caverns connected at various levels with generally circular footprints.
  • @JimP thanks will check that

@DaltonSpence I'm aware of that, but purpose of the map is not a RP campaing it's for illustration purposes to show our IT infrastructure in a comical way. I created such maps in the past multiple times and know that they have some potential to go viral in our organisation and so can be used to spread the word about issues. The lava-theme is because, well as all IT intrastruture it is partially a mess and causing lots of problems.

In short: it does not to be scientific correct, but full of symbolic meanings.

• DD3 has four different bitmap fill lava textures, Stone Lava Cooled, Stone Lava Flaming, Stone Lava Molten, and Lava. The Jon Roberts Annual Dungeon style has three, Lava, Lava Hot and Lava Cool. The Munson's Mines Annual Dungeon style has three different reddish lava bitmap fills. The Vandel Dwarves Annual Dungeon style has two reddish lava texture fills similarly. The Mike Schley Annual Dungeon style has a single lava bitmap fill. The Naomi VanDoren Annual Dungeon style has three, Lava Hot, Warm and Cool. SS2 Bitmap A has one lava bitmap fill, and the Bitmap B style has one more. Those are what I found quickly, anyway, among the full-colour dungeon styles. It's also worth looking at the various stone textures in the same style pack as the lava fills, as some could be used as cooled lava too - or changed up to something hotter using some of the colour-changing Effects options, perhaps.

Loopysue
  • jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker
    edited October 2021

Ah yes. The IT Infrastructure in many places is pure High Efficiency, Low-Latency stuff.

I remember one time we had a Boynton Universal Latency-Limited video system installed. We all took a lot of Super High-Intensity Training from the vendor for that one.

Monsen
  • jslayton said:

Ah yes. The IT Infrastructure in many places is pure High Efficiency, Low-Latency stuff.

I remember one time we had a Boynton Universal Latency-Limited video system installed. We all took a lot of Super High-Intensity Training from the vendor for that one.

I never realized you and I worked at the same place..