A necromancers hidden study

A forgotten bootleggers entrance through the sewers into the basement of a popular tavern serves as a place of study, contemplation and necromancy. Always looking for constructive feedback

Cheers

LoopysueCalibreMonsenJimP[Deleted User]WyvernGlitchLillhansRicko Hasche

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

It looks good, EdE :)

I can see that you have the sheet effects turned on, so I'm curious as to why the walls haven't popped with various shadows and glows on them. Do you prefer this look?

• Hi Sue,

A good question. The answer is I prefer this look at least for shadows. I've yet to consider lighting but it would be internal, laterns or torches, and the shadow gets complicated and the only solution I can see is mutliple shadow effects with different global sun positions. I'm over thinking it.

I'm still experimenting with glow, inner and outer. Just haven't found something I like yet.

Thanks for the feedback.

• I like the texture/fills. They look like watercolors...a look I've been trying to achieve but have failed so far. Nice.

Cal

• Thank you.

I'm using DD3 Symbol set 2. I really like the water and stone fills, they give the water color look. Water, floors, and background stone are at least two sheets with a darker fill on the lower one. The upper sheet usually has transparency and/or Edge fade inner effects. Sometimes I use either texturize but honestly I'm not certain it matters. I learned all of this either reading the Tome of Ultimate Mapping or watching the videos.

Good luck

• Something that might be worth thinking about is an alternative way of drawing the grid to avoid having it in areas that can't be accessed (which would help make the rooms, etc., stand out a little more). Perhaps a mask covering the areas that don't need a grid, but drawing the grid by hand for small areas would be an option too, as not too onerous.

roflo1EdE