Miyama Province Map from OA1

edited August 2021 in Show and Tell

Hi everyone, It's been a while since I've been able to do any mapping so I thought I'd post this map. I started it not long after purchasing CC3+, but I really struggled with how to interpret the original map from Oriental Adventures (OA1). It has taken that long to produce this map. The original map was a fold out map roughly A2 in size, which I used as a template for the Mike Schley style map I used.

As I could only find the original map as 4 separate maps and had to combine them together in CC3+, I have posted just 1 of the originals so you can see what I had to work with to produce my map.

Monsen[Deleted User]mike robelCalibreLoopysueJimPWyvernTonnichiwajmabbottMatheus Heydrich Machado

Comments

• Dak,

Another beautiful map. I remember OA! Been awhile heh.

CAl

• Really nice job on this one. I've been looking at the Miyama map for years trying to figure out how to get it into the Mike Schley style. I could never figure out how to get all of that elevation to work properly. I think your map is fantastic translation of that old map. Well done!

• Thanks for the kind comments.

This map took me months to do. I did it in small sections at a time, and had to completely improvise on the right hand side as on the original map there is a massive legend. I also took license and put a volcano at the far right of the Tara-gawa river, to give it a Mt. Fuji feel.

I've thought about running another Oriental game using this map, and basing it on the film 'Ran', which is a Japanese interpretation of 'King Lear'. As there are 3 distinct areas it would fit so well with that story, and have the Daimyo divide his lands among his 3 spoilt children, and then watch on as everything he has built slowly unravels.

I'm working on the individual sohen for the map, but have added these areas to the map to illustrate the provinces.

LoopysueTonnichiwaGlitchCalibreDaltonSpence