Erdan Worlds metric. Problem with "things" size

Hi all!

Sorry for bothering. I would like to report 2 possible problems with the Erdan Worlds style. I am not even sure if these can be called problems or if it just a matter of settings on my PC. Anyway...

The first is that when the streams or lake drawing tools are used, the drawing tools does not put the things in the "Rivers" sheet but it creates a new sheet caller "River" on top of everything (with no effects). I am not sure it this is desired or if it is limited to my PC.

The second regards the size of symbols. It looks to me that, the size of the symbols is, by default, too big. I am not sure if it is really an issue or if it is something related with the size of the map. Clicking "se to normal" the software scales it to a more correct scale.

I don't know if it is something that happens only to me, so please forgive me if this is the case.

BTW, I love this style! Thanks @Medio, it is a great style !!!

Ale

Medio

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    edited August 2021

You're right. The drawing tools all want to draw things on either RIVER, or RIVER MOUTH.

Rather than change the drawing tools it might be easier for this one map to change the sheet names for those two sheets so that the drawing tools all automatically draw on the intended sheets like this.

However, you will still have to conciously pick the right sheet between those two when you want to draw anything riverish, or everything will end up on the RIVER sheet.

I will let Ralf know.

As for the symbol size I couldn't say without seeing a screen shot of what you mean.

JimPAleD
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker

There was another little error compounding this. The RIVERS sheet in the template had a space at the end of the name, meaning it wasn't recognized by the tool properly. I've fixed this and rebuild the installer.

I can't reproduce the problem with the symbols.

Loopysue[Deleted User]JimPWyvernAleDCalibrearsenico13
  • Thanks @Ralf !

I think the problem with the symbols is just that I have to "Set to normal" when first using them. It scales to 0.2 (in the metric) and it seems much more appropriate for the mat I have.

Thanks again

Ale

Calibre