Disable "Multiple Sheets" warning?

So in the Abstract Graphics style I'm working with, there are some symbols that have multiple parts which are sent to two different sheets when placed ("Symbols" and "Symbols Top"). Whenever I select one of these symbols to place, the information "ticker" at the top of the CC3 window (below the toolbars) is replaced by the text "Multiple Sheets" against a red background. Normally, this field can show information such as how far your cursor is (in map units) from you last click, and as I recently discovered, the angle as well. This field is vital for me; I use it to see, in real time, how far away I am getting from what I have just clicked on, basically anytime I do anything in CC3. The "multiple sheets" warning makes it so I can't see that, and doesn't go away until I actually move my cursor all the way up there and manually click it away, which is extremely annoying to have to do in the middle of placing a symbol.

Is there anyway to just disable that warning? I am well aware by now that some of these symbols go to multiple sheets and don't care to be reminded every time; I really need the info box to stay visible. I've attached images of both what it normally looks like, and what it looks like with the red "Multiple Sheets" warning active. Thanks!

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

I guess the coders at the time didn't envisage an issue where someone might be placing symbols so accurately that they would need the coordinates. Sadly, I don't think there is a way to do this.

I might be wrong, though. Maybe Remy knows how to switch them off. He'll be back off leave in the next couple of days.

• CielCiel Traveler

Gotcha, thanks! If there is no way to turn that off, that'd be a bit of a shame... even when I don't need strict precision (i.e. when I'm working on landform maps instead of this railway system map) I still use the coordinates a ton, simply to see - in real time - how far away from the last thing I placed I'm getting while placing the next thing, etc. If there's no way to get rid of it, I'll live of course, haha. And I plan to make some custom symbols for this map... so perhaps I could make one to replace the one that goes to multiple sheets and then just not use the multi-sheet one.

• jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker

There isn't a way to disable that message, unfortunately. I've put in a request to have it disappear after a few seconds, but it won't happen until a future release.

• CielCiel Traveler

That makes sense. It'd be nice to be able to get rid of it, but I understand that it's not really the highest of priorities when it comes to various improvements and changes to this program. I'd be lying if I said there weren't other changes/improvements I'd want more, haha.

Monsen