Greyhawk mixed with the Southern Territory Deserts

Hello Guys:

I was a big fan of Greyhawk, since it was the original world that Gary Gygax created. Wen I started D&D years ago I came to like it. I am glad to see it come back to life. I have placed it in my world as a starting adventure for the Keep on the Borderlands (B2 Module). I have the location dead in the center of two worlds. Greyhawk on the east and Midgard on the west. Midgard is a Pathfinder World and Greyhawk is a D&D World. The adventures SW section (deserts) to be placed in the Southlands of the Midgard Campaign setting. Kind of where the middle east connects to African continent. This way as a DM I can connect both worlds through the mountain ranges. I placed the Scarlet Citadel adventure in the mountains as a place to gain victory to go into the other world of D&D or Midgard transition for players. I just thought I would share my insight. Thank you for this opportunity.

MrTim

1. Is this a good idea to connect Midgard Campaigns with D&D Campaigns?3 votes
    1. Would Midgard's Southlands be of interest to gamers?
        0.00%
    2. Should Greyhawk be placed into a VTT game system?
      100.00%
EdE

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

Not playing either of them, but in my view, being a DM is all about taking the pieces you want for your own campaign and mashing them together, no need to feel locked into one particular world or setting.

LoopysueScottACalibreEdE
  • ScottAScottA Surveyor

I agree with Monsen. Take what you want for your campaign. My gaming group began way back in 1977 and over the many years, we took bits and pieces from all sorts of movies, tv shows, books, other games, and even songs.

• My players told me their game sessions were boring.

So, the next deep adventure, they found a room, that when they walking into it, a count down timer appeared on the wall. The door closed and couldn't be opened.

Nothing they did could stop the timer.

The room moved downwards... and wound up on the First Class Ballroom floor, of the Titantic, about a hour before iceberg.

I told them they couldn't change the past. What do they want to do ?

In the mean time the passengers are screaming, the men are picking up chairs to use as weapons/shields.

The character party backs into the elevator, an up arrow is on the room's wall. They push it, the door closes, and it goes upward. They find themselves back inthe dungeon. Where they just have to worry about monsters.

Calibre
  • 1 month later
  • I have to admit, the concept is a good one, I'd use it if I wasn't home brewing a world now. It's about what you and your players want in a game, doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks. I have used Midgard for a DND 5E campaign, who cares about the game system...