Install Order?

Hey all. I had to get a new computer system, so now I have to go through the arduous process of downloading and installing all of the PF software again (I own EVERYTHING!). I know it was here once, but I can't find it. What is the recommended order for installing all the software? Thanks. 😺

JimP

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

Hmmm. It's there if you go looking, but its very out of date - all about how to do things with CC3, not CC3+

I reinstalled mine about 2 years ago when I got a new machine. I started with CC3+, then everything else starting with the major add-ons, and finished up with the latest update.

Each install was allowed to open CC3+ at the end of the install, which was then closed down before the next install.

ScottA

And nice to see you around agian, Scott :)

ScottA
  • CC3+, then dd3+. cd3+ and Cosmo3+. Then the last update. Then everything else, including CSUAS2, Bogies, Vintyri, Dundjinni , then the update again. I have had to do this twice - nice way to spend Sunday afternoon.

And great to see you back, Scott.

• Indeed, welcome back Scott!

Good luck with the reinstall...🖥️☀️⌨️🌙🕰️😴

ScottA
  • ScottAScottA Surveyor

Thanks, all. I've finally got everything installed except for those Bogie, Vintyri, and Dundjinni files. I think it took me longer to download all the files than to actually install them!

Hopefully, I'll be back more. It's been a crazy couple of years (besides the damn COVID). My elderly mother had a hip replacement. Several months later she fell and broke her other leg, and then fell again and broke the same leg a second time! So she's moved in here now. I've been tasked with selling her car and house and all of her banking and bills, plus caring for her. So there hasn't been much time for anything else. And recently I had a total tech wipe-out and had to get a new landline phone, cell phone, cable tv box, and computer! Fun times! 😖

JimP

There's no appropriate response button, so I shall say it instead.

I really feel for you that so much has been heaped on your shoulders. Let's hope that nasty black cloud blows away and the sun comes out on both your lives again soon :)

ScottA
  • ScottAScottA Surveyor

Thanks, Sue. As a super-private person (hermit?) who has lived alone for 30+ years, it has taken a lot of getting used to not just having someone else here, but having to care for that person, too.

As for CC3+... wow. I feel like a complete newbie! It's been so long since I've used the program that I don't really remember anything. Will have to re-learn it all, I guess. 😕

LoopysueJimP

I hope you find a way to introduce some kind of acceptable support service that will balance with the care you provide yourself, or caring for a person single handed like that can really drain a person. I did it for several years when I was raising a disabled stepson, so I do know exactly what it's like.

I had that feeling when I came back to CC3 a couple of years ago, but you would be surprised just how quickly it comes back. I only had to find out how to do a thing and it was back in my memory again just as firmly as it always was before.

JimPScottA
  • Can't really do more than reiterate what Sue's said already re you and your mother's ongoing situation, and to hope things settle for you very soon.

With CC3+, I think we all feel for you too. Even a short spell away, and I find I've forgotten something critical... If time and circumstances allow, it might be worth checking-in on one or two of the live PF mapping sessions on YouTube - or checking them later as VOD - as Ralf usually goes through all the basics of setting up a new map, as well as whatever the session's about, for instance, which might help get you back in the swing of things a bit quicker.

JimPLoopysueScottA
  • Like everyone else, I really feel for you Scott, but also admire your dedication to the unlooked for task you were 'saddled' with. I really look forward to seeing your new CC3 creations, and conversing with you on the forum. <3

• ScottAScottA Surveyor

I'd forgotten how persnickety all that Dundjinni and Vintyri stuff could be to install. Had to do some fiddling and tweaking and get a little creative (thankfully I'd saved to an external drive a full copy of my ProFantasy file from the Program Data file on my old computer, so I just copied over some files!). But all of that stuff is finally on and running properly. Feels like I'm just about ready to get back to mapping. Just have to install the odds and ends I'd made myself and picked up from other parties. 😏

LoopysueJimPWyvern