First time selling art! Silly question, but...

Do I have the rights to an image I make in the software with preloaded tools (i.e. nothing not originally from CD3)? I made a map for someone to use as a background for a battle scene, and I really don't want to end up sticking my foot in it the first time I try to make some money off this little side gig. ?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

From the EULA:

This product includes a large amount of symbols, fill-styles and other artwork in a variety of file formats (OUR ARTWORK). This section sets out how you can distribute maps containing OUR ARTWORK.

(i) Subject to the restrictions in section ii and iii, you may freely distribute the maps you create using OUR ARTWORK in CC3 format, but not the source image files (PNG and bitmap artwork) associated with them, and you may freely distribute flat files (for example BMP and PNG) exported from CC3 or third-party applications containing OUR ARTWORK. You may publish such maps for commercial gain.

(ii) You may not redistribute any map that in our sole opinion is, or appears to be, for the purpose of disseminating OUR ARTWORK. Think of your maps as documents, and our symbols as fonts. You can print a document containing Times New Roman font, but you can't give the font file away, or produce a "font book".

(iii) You may not produce commercial products which consist predominantly of floorplan-resolution exports of OUR ARTWORK without written permission from ProFantasy Software Ltd. This includes but is not limited to PDF dungeon tiles.

DriechelLoopysuejmabbottefenord
  • @Driechel If your not sure about the EULA send Profantasy an email, my experience thus far has been 100% positive.

I had a question re producing VTT compatible products and @Ralf was extremely helpful.

Loopysue