Server Move

MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
edited June 2021 in Site Matters

We will be moving the forum to a new server. This is expected to happen around noon CET on Monday 21.06.2021

There won't be any actual downtime but due to the fact that DNS changes takes time to propagate over the internet, there will be a transitional period for a few hours where some people will still be going to the old forum even if the new is operational. Anything you post in the old forum during that period will not make it over to the new one, since that will be after data has been transferred. Once I switch over I will put up a banner on the old forum notifying you about this, so untill you see such a banner you can post as normal and be confident that your posts will make it over to the new server.

There won't be any major changes to the forum. This is just a server move, not a forum update. You will notice one change, and that is that I have gotten social logins set up. That means that if you prefer, you can now log into the forum using your google, facebook or twitter account. If you don't already have a forum account, one will be created and linked to the social login, and if you already have a forum account, the server will ask you for your current password to link the social login to your current forum account (your email address is used as the key, so if your social account have a different email than your forum account it will result in a new account instead of linking to your existing one). Note that if you do use social logins, your forum account will have its username set to the name on the social account, this applies to both new accounts and existing ones.

LoopysueAleD

Comments