3D Grid

I am trying to draw houses at arbitrary angles using the House Tool from Per3.
Is there any way to create a 3D Grid so that the houses drawn each have the same angle, not only isometric, but also 10° or 20° for example.
I tried to create an "Angular Rectangular" grid of type "3d Grid". Whatever I set for "Rotation from XY Plane", it looks like only the value for XY matters, those for XZ and YZ not at all, and then it looks like a "normal" twisted Square Grid and not a Perspective Grid.

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

Oh yes, I see what you mean. It looks like a top view of the rotated grid doesn't it.

These settings

Only seem to rotate the top view and not the other planes. I was thinking myself that there should be some kind of shearing going on.

Maybe we are both misunderstanding the settings somehow?

But I am sure someone will be along soon to explain.

• edited June 2021
    Hello Sue,
    yes, that's exactly how my question was meant ...
    And, by the way, I am a big fan of your mapping styles!!!!  :smile:
    And because I just have your attention, would it be possible to publish another addition for the Spectrum Style, this time only with individual houses, castle walls, towers, churches etc.? That way you can build additional cities and castles.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    edited June 2021

Thank you! :)

Generally speaking, unless there is a second part in the same annual as the first one, styles don't generally get enlarged. It's not fair to expect people to buy more than one annual to get just one style complete.

However, that is not the same thing as saying 'never'