Verena region

13»

Comments

• 6 days later
  • edited September 2009
    I decided I am done with this map for now. This weekend I had it printed poster size (90x60 cm) through http://www.posterjack.nl. Thanks Ralf for posting that link some time ago!
    The poster turned out beautiful. I now have a huge paper map of my world :-)
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Nice.

Your map turned out very nice, so I can imagine the poster did too.
  • 1 month later
  • Hello, Your map is beautiful. I wanted to say that first.

I'm a very new user of CC3 and am trying to learn how to use it properly.

I'm working on my first map with CC3 and was wondering, would you mind telling me how you placed some of your cities inside what appears to be walls? I would love to be able to do that effect on my maps.

Also, what draw tool did you use when drawing your farm tiles? I tried the sketch tool and the results weren't very good.

Anyway, I love your map and hope to present to the community a nice one of my own soon.

Thanks again,
    Steve
  • Gandwarf, as usual your work is very inspiring. Honestly I'd be surprised if one day, I didn't see your work appearing in a series of novels, pen and paper games, or computer games.
  • Darthgaiden: as soon as I can get access to the computer that has CC3 installed on it, I will certainly give you some pointers on how I did stuff in this map. Unfortunately my wife has been hoarding that particular computer to play the Sims 3 this weekend :-)
    The farms are some custom drawing tools I made, but you should be able to create a couple yourself when I have given you some pointers.

Davaris: thanks, that's great praise indeed.
  • Here's some pointers on how to create the walled cities. I don't have much time at the moment, so I can't write out everything... meaning these pointers might only work if you have a pretty good grasp of the software. Sorry!

The walls were drawn using the "Line" tool with these settings:

Color: Grey
    Width: 1

Draw the walls in a box or any way you want them.

I have two different sheets for the walls, WALLS1 and WALLS2. This is because the walls in the back of the town need to be drawn under the houses, while the walls in front of the town need to be drawn above the houses. You can use the "Change properties" tool to move parts of the line you have drawn to the WALLS1 or WALLS2 sheet.

The houses are symbols that I put within the walls and then moved to a new sheet, called HOUSES.

Both WALLS sheets have these effects:

1. Bevel: 1, 50, 0, 1
    2. Glow: Outside, 0, 0, 0, 1, 5
    3. Wall Shadow Directional: 6, 75, 4, Use Global Sun Direction
    4. Bevel: 1, 50, 0, 1
    5. Blur: 1
    6. Bevel: 1, 50, 0, 1