Import DXF details

I know in Campaign Cartographer there is a dxf import option, and in the Watabou 2020 annual livestream Ralf runs through importing a dxf that was converted from svg. I also watched the livestream on the CC3 objects and properties.

I am wondering if there are any in-depth resources on how CC3 treats DXF files in a more technical sense. Reason being, I am wondering if I can generate DXF files in some way (perhaps through AutoCAD or through some procedural process)

My questions involve things like:

Do AcDbLine entities translate to the Line entities within CC3? (What other entities translate well into CC3?)

Are there parameters that can be set up on the DXF that would allow it to import on specific sheets or with specific CC3 styling attached to it?

Are there any other features can be set up on the DXF that would get brought in other than shape geometry?

Comments

• edited May 2021
    The following is a minimal DXF file that can be read in via Draw / Insert File. The layer name can be set in the DXF file. Sheet is the current one.
    The file must be saved with ASCII/ANSI 1252 encoding, not UTF-8.

SECTION
    ENTITIES
    LWPOLYLINE
    DXF_LAYER_1
    ENDSEC
    EOF

Explanations:

DXF_LAYER_1 // Arbitrary Layer-Name

0 // Color 0-254 (can be omitted, default: 15 = white)

5         // Count of Points (can be omitted, default: specified points)

1.0    // Line Width (can be omitted, default: 0.0)  

DoubleDouble