CC3 cannot reopen my map

Ok I am a little bit freaking out now..... I have been working on a city map for days. Last time I open my city map, I wanted to use different texture from another annual for grass and stuff.

I then realised after switching to the other annual that all my textures in the house setting were screwed up (in the house tool).

So I closed the file, try to reopen it and it says "error loading file" with a blank screen. I have attached the file if you want to check. What happened? What did I do wrong?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

No idea what's happened here, but that file has been totally zeroed out. I opened it in a hex editor, and there is nothing but null-characters in the entire file. There's no information in this file whatsoever. I am suspecting something external must have happened to this file, I am pretty sure that this isn't something CC3+ can manage to do on it's own.

• AldebertAldebert Newcomer

Is there a autosave file hidden somewhere I could find?

• If you did a standard Windows installation for CC3+, and IF this was the last CC3+ file Autosave saved for you, it should be in your Windows\ProgramData\Profantasy\CC3Plus folder. Fingers crossed!

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited May 2021

You can also open the autosave file straight from the CC3+ file menu (open autosave file) so you don't have to dig around for it. Sorry for not mentioning it in my first reply, but beware that the autosave is only a single file, and may have been overwritten by something else if you have had another map open, depending on your autosave settings (the default is to pop up a dialog every 5 mins so you can chose yourself)

LoopysueDaishoChikara
  • Aldebert mentioned on fb page the autosave file was there and usable. Sue mentioned about changing the file name with a save as so the autosave file is still available.