Full Reinstall - What Can I Skip?

Windows had a melt down -so had to reinstall it?

Now comes CCs Turn, so far so good, got new install files and all runs smoothly... I have all the core products + all the annuals and the 5 Symbol sets.

Left with some "bits and bobs" I am not sure I need.

First the 2 BOH files , I think I do not need them as they are collections of stuff in the annuals, correct?

Then CD comes with "Random city" and "Celtic buildings" - are those not covered by other installs?

And DD has "Shessar's fireplace symbols", again do I need to separate the separate install?

Last the various dowonload options had in them various manuals, are those not the same PDFs we get when doing the install?

Last - Backup options. Is copying the full directories where all the Profantasy files live enough? Or do we need to register dlls and copy stuf from the Registry to get a full proof back up.

Thanks to all the knowledgeable people on the board...

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

First the 2 BOH files , I think I do not need them as they are collections of stuff in the annuals, correct?

Those are the floorplan and battlemap collections right? If so, yea, they are already included in various other products/annuals

Then CD comes with "Random city" and "Celtic buildings" - are those not covered by other installs?

And DD has "Shessar's fireplace symbols", again do I need to separate the separate install?

These needs to be installed separately.

Last the various dowonload options had in them various manuals, are those not the same PDFs we get when doing the install?

Yes

Last - Backup options. Is copying the full directories where all the Profantasy files live enough? Or do we need to register dlls and copy stuf from the Registry to get a full proof back up.

For a full backup, you do need the data directory, install directory, and registry data. No dll's needs to be registered. But I'll normally recommend just backing up the data directory, and instead of backing up registry/install, do a new install and then copy over the data directory (avoid overwriting newer files).

Traveller