Hero symbols

Nacon451Nacon451 Newcomer
edited April 28 in Cartographic Resources

Is there a set in the annuals or under consideration for Hero symbols equivalent to the Monster 1 & 2 symbol sets? This would be extremely useful in large scale battles (I'm running a campaign where I have several monsters facing our heroes and would like to use more than just letters to represent the home team.) If there is please excuse my ignorance of it. There is a lot to these programs....

JimP
Tagged:

Comments

• I second a Heroes Tokens issue

Nacon451JimP
  • thehawkthehawk Traveler

QuentenjmabbottJimPIndara1920Reflexwolf
  • Use CA3 and make your own! Just kidding. It would be great to have some heroic tokens as well...

I entertained myself far too long looking for pictures to turn into tokens. But it shows how even a basic and rudimentary skill level can produce something workable. The majority of them 'fit the frame' (so to speak) but I did take some artistic license.
    QuentenTheschabiNacon451JimPReflexwolf
  • Nacon451Nacon451 Newcomer

What kind of video editor did you use? If I could do that, people could use their own pictures for their tokens!

• If you have the token border in photoshop or gimp with transparency you just need to take a screenshot and paste it into a bottom layer, crop/move/resize as needed.

Nacon451
  • Hah! Captain Stubing!

edited May 5
    Nacon451 said:

What kind of video editor did you use? If I could do that, people could use their own pictures for their tokens!

If you have the token border in photoshop or gimp with transparency you just need to take a screenshot and paste it into a bottom layer, crop/move/resize as needed.

DoubleDouble has it exactly. I used Photoshop CS2. Just open the token frame in your editor, put your image in there, re-arrange layers as necessary, resize your image as desired, flatten, give it a good name, save as PNG. There's a directory of 'imageless' frames under both Circular Tokens and Rectangular Tokens in both the TT1 and the TT2.

I used the wider framed one to compensate for the sometimes lower resolution images that wouldn't accommodate the stretching I wanted to do.

I did them all individually, then put them all into one 'contact print' sheet for ease of sharing.
    Nacon451
  • Nacon451Nacon451 Newcomer

But could these .PNG files be incorporated into CC3? So that I could use the tokens there?

• LoopysueLoopysue 🖼️ 26 images Cartographer ProFantasy

@Nacon451 - Yes, as long as the png file has a transparent background, though you might have to trim the individual photos so that none of them stick out at the corners from behind the circular frame symbol.

Nacon451
    Nacon451 said:

But could these .PNG files be incorporated into CC3? So that I could use the tokens there?

Loopysue said:

@Nacon451 - Yes, as long as the png file has a transparent background, though you might have to trim the individual photos so that none of them stick out at the corners from behind the circular frame symbol.

The original frame files are PNG, and if you look at the Captain Chaos one above, that's what it comes out like if you don't fiddle with it too much. I think I just fouled something up with my copy-paste-a-thon to make the aggregate image.