Show All Text Insertion Points

Hello all.

I am running the latest version of CC3+. I have a very old map that I haven't touched in years that I decided to make some edits to. I no longer own the computer I originally created the map on, and apparently I don't have the same fonts on my current computer, so all of the text labels are messed up and need to be edited.

The problem is that I'm having a lot of difficulty selecting text labels because apparently you need to click on a specific part of the label (I'm assuming the insertion point). Is there a way to display all insertion points on the screen while editing?

Or, if I'm completely mistaken, does anyone have advice for me?

Thank you very much.

Jamie

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue 🖼️ 26 images Cartographer ProFantasy

It's not the insertion point, but the baseline of the text. Click on the bottom of a letter and you will see.

DaishoChikara
  • It might be worth checking if all the text is on the same layer (being an old map I guess there are no sheets).

Hide all but that layer and it will be easier to select.

And/or select by type

DaishoChikara

I think sheets have been around for quite a while, but either the TEXT sheet or the LABELS layer should do the trick - or variations of those two names.

DaishoChikara
  • 7 days later
  • CNYGamerCNYGamer Newcomer

I meant to say thanks to you guys for this great advice, but for some reason the forums were showing me an error every time I tried to access the thread. I finally circled back around and can access it now. Loopysue's advice for clicking the baseline of the text was absolutely spot on and worked like a charm for me!

Thanks all!

JimP

You're welcome :)