General question on install.

When I installed the basic program CC3+, it asks for a destination....

I told it to install on drive D.

Why does it put files on drive C if it asks where to install?

I am trying to save room on my SSD (C:), so was hoping to have the Full install on drive D:

Do any of the add-on's do the same?

I own most all of your software (minus a few of the Annuals), and want them on drive D: not C".

Lee

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

When you install CC3+, it asks for the location of your data directory which you can put wherever you want, but the main program will always be installed to c:

However, it is the data directory that consumes space, the main program install is only about ~50 MB, even after installing all the add-ons, so this shouldn't even be noticable on your SSD space.

MadCartographerJulianDracos
  • I never noticed that. I clicked on the desktop icon and it says to start on my E drive, but then has the target on C. I went to C and there it was - a whole 41.2 MB. As far as I can tell, everyone else is only on E.

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker

The exe and dll files of CC3+ install in Window's registered program files directory for 32-bit applications. This is normally Program Files (x86)\Profantasy\CC3Plus\ on the partition with your Windows OS. As Monsen says, that folder's size is negligible on today's drives.

MadCartographer