Beginner's question: Work more precisely

I am currently in the process of drawing a city. Unfortunately, I use CC3 far too rarely.

I currently use CC3 with CD and SS5. My problem is that I can build beautiful houses with insert building, but I can neither extend them with dormers or extensions, nor connect them, because I can't see the actual path, I simply can't click on it in the second step. Is there a view that makes this easier for me? How do you do it?

I have a similar problem when I can only reach a house shape by overlapping several houses. When I call up Floorplan, I now have a house with walls running inside it. How can I effectively delete them? With the trim tools I only get the underlying lines with luck.

Thank you for your help.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

I am not really understanding what you mean when you say you can't "see the actual path"? When using extensions with insert building, it asks you for a point inside the house, and then the edge of the house. First one doesn't require a preceice placement, and the edge of the house should be clear enough. I don't think I really get your problem here.

When deleting the walls from the floorplans, I recommend hiding the floors sheet first. The floors will have the exact same edges as the walls, making it easy to select them instead. Also, remember that lines are selected by their centerline, not the edge. This is important if you are closely zoomed.

Loopysue