FT3 - Showing snowy regions

I really like the Altitude view of the world map, but does anyone know of a good way to show the Altitude view with white snow in the high altitude and arctic regions? In a way, this would be like combining aspects of the Climate view with the altitude view.

Comments

• I have had that show up, but no idea on how I did it. Maybe @Monsen or @jslayton will know ?

• jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker
    edited April 2021

The basic idea is to use one of the climate shading types with a suitable coloring scheme. Temperature is calculated as proportional to altitude and latitude (warmer lower and toward the equator, lower higher and toward the poles). You can modify temperature or rainfall to control what's seen on the display. Types that might be useful for this:

Climate (about a dozen or so color possibilities controlled by annual average rainfall and temperature)

Textured climate (about a dozen or so image patches for each of the climate types)

Image Climate (you enter an image and the annual average rainfall and temperature are used to look up the final color in the image)

Not as useful as the others, but it gets an honorable mention: Gaia (it's pretty, but you can't control the results by adjusting rainfall or temperature)

LoopysueWeathermanSwedenUmbratikus