"Brown Fills" for CA165

I recently completed (mostly) my first map using Sue Daniel's amazing cliff symbols from CA165. Overall, very happy with the result.

The only fly in the ointment I encountered, was the seeming lack of "brown" fills for the above and below cliff textures that would complement the "brown" cliffs in a similar manner to what seems like the standard grey versions.

Am I missing something here? I may be "forced" to do some editing of the grey fills to make myself some browns. Not a huge thing, it just felt like the brown version wasn't all there.

Comments

• I've yet to really play with this sheet effect but the RGB matrix process might be a good way to shake it up a bit

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    edited March 2021

Hi Jenzar :)

That's a beautiful map.

You should have the sandstone fills to go with the sandstone cliffs, and limestone fills to go with the limestone cliffs too. Because the cliffs were released in two issues there are 2 folders of fills.

These are the fills that should be in the City Cliffs folder

And these should be in the bonus issue (ignore the GTX files folder. Those are my original files)

Since I created them I haven't needed to use them, so I'm not certain how the bonus issue fills are imported and used, and if they have any ready-made drawing tools to use. Maybe someone else knows?

EDIT: DoubleDouble's suggestion is a good one, and was how Ralf Schemmann changed the colour of the cliffs in this video here: