CHK DATA Error using various forest using new purchase SS-1

Hello,

Long time fan, first time poster.

I bought, downloaded, and installed the SS1 package, opened it, eventually dropped a forest into the map and got a series of 3 errors. I have screenshots if needed.

First error pop-up is CHK DATA DAV has no pending DRQ, eventually ends with 'Issuing the SELBYD Issuing the BELSYD command will most likely resolve this issue' (Foreshadowing: It does not resolve the issue)

Then clicking the OK button pops up two identical errors, Campaign Cartographer 3 (I have 3+) does not understand the command followed by VEGETATION a bit below that initial sentence. After 3 total pop messages, I can access the map again and the forest looks fine, yet the Erase feature went kaput and does not work. Undo works fine up until its limit.

I am still learning how to use this software and am by no means an expert. Yet.

Please advise and help me resolve before I have to return it. 11 Days left. :)

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

Which style and which forest tool were you using at the time? This is likely caused by an issue with the macro for that tool, but I don't know of any that has that problem, so I need to know exactly what you did to check it out.

Also, what happens if you save your map, close down and reopen CC3+ and then try again on the same map. Any difference?

• KingSnowKingSnow Newcomer

Hi there-

The errors pop up for each forest on each of the SS1 drawing options. Fantasy A, B, and Color on both Imperial and metric. This issue is on both of my computers. Using only one at a time of course.

Excepting the Handrawn choice but that has its own issue, I think. Whenever I drop a tree, the far left status bar field turns red with "Multiple Sheets" text. That is only with the default background, an island, and any tree. Unsure if that is by design or not. Going to leave that one alone for now. I don't much like it anyway.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Oh, if it helps. I use both desktop and laptop. Win10 Pro and Home, i7 CPU's on both, GTX 1080 on main, 940MX on laptop, 32gb ram on main, 12gb on laptop. Plenty of HD space.

The 'Multiple Sheets' thing is just an informational message that tells you you just placed a multi-sheet symbol, not an indication of a problem.

As for your other issue, just install the latest CC3+ update, that fixes it.

Hello,

I have had cc3+ v 3.94 for quite awhile now. I've reinstalled / repaired the installation prior to posting on this forum.

Thanks for your time.

You say reinstalled, but did you actually install the update, or reinstalled using the original CC3+ installer? The CC3+ installer will only fix CC3+ itself, so running a repair install using that won't help with SS1 problems, but the updates contain the update files not just for CC3+ itself, but for all the add-ons and stuff too. This is why it is important to install the update after installing any new add-on, even if your version number is already at the latest.

If you already did install the update and it didn't work, you should contact tech support. You'll find the form by logging in to your registered user pages.

CalanLoopysueKingSnow

Right then-

That worked. Good tip to know moving forward for this. I thought that any add-on would be updated to latest version.

Thanks again for the effort and your time.

-DSS