Live Mapping: Complex Room Shapes

Hi Everyone! :)

Sorry - I forgot to do this yesterday.

Today, in less than an hour, Ralf will be doing a Live Mapping session showing us all how to do Complex Room Shapes. Please come along if you have time and join in the fun with us.

Wyvern

Comments

• @Ralf This is one of the best, IMO, live mapping sessions you've done. The part I liked the most, which was kind of a 'EUREKA!' moment (for me at any rate), was using construction lines and the 'Change like drawing tool' command to get the walls & floor done. Absolute brilliance! I've used the command before but have never thought of using construction lines to such a degree! This will make future dungeon maps for me much easier, not to mention faster, with a lot less editing (generally erasing and re-doing) required.

The next best, was using multipoly for the floors, particularly those with tiles or 'grid' like bitmaps. I think it was @DaltonSpence that suggested doing that on one of my Ancient Tombs commission WIP threads but I didn't understand how to do it properly. Now I do, thanks Ralf!

Construction lines here I come!

LoopysueRalf
  • Sorry I couldn't be there - I slept through my alarm (for 4am, Aussie time). But I have watched (and saved) it on YouTube - a great tutorial, thanks Ralf.

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker

I'm glad it was useful! :)

Loopysuejmabbott