How to create arena seating tiers?

Hello all, does anyone have a creative idea on how best to create seating tiers of an arena/coliseum/amphitheater ? The Kind of Roundish and like Steps but i have to less experience with cc3+

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

I would use a bevel on the edges, and a dark outer glow to enhance the illusion of a height difference. You would probably need to have each tier on it's own sheet to pull this off properly.

• TelnangoTelnango Traveler

that worked pretty well thank you - I´m working on a Auditorium and that was the missing part

BlackYetiMonsenWyvern[Deleted User]DaltonSpenceLoopysueDaishoChikarajmabbottJimPWeathermanSwedenand 1 other.
  • DaltonSpenceDaltonSpence Mapmaker
    edited March 2021
    I'm not clear on the scale here; are the audience tiers alternating between feet and seat (that is, feet occupy the tier below the one the bum is placed on while the back rests against one above it)? If so, the tier height and depth should be 18″ (45cm) and steps should be half as high and deep as each tier. (I recommend a symbol be used for steps between tiers.) This assumes standard humans are the audience; different species may use different measurements.

Well as far as i remember from a visit to a roman Colosseum there was no different between feet and seat, much more you had the feet of the other person in your back like in a sauna - I will change the steps of the stairs and make them smaller that should show the difference

• The Roman theatre in Caesarea - note rows of stairs half hight of the seats, and the vomitoriums for crowd entrance in the upper tier.

Main structure roughly 10 BCE, but refurbished several time in later periods

DaishoChikaraJimP[Deleted User]TelnangoLoopysue

My Interpretation of the Sandpoint Town Hall so far - little to much glow here and there but the process is going on ;-)

LoopysueMonsenRalf[Deleted User]BlackYetiWeathermanSwedenDaniel Pereda De PabloDoubleDouble