Fractal Terrains 3 to Campaign Cartographer 3 Scale Issue for full world export

I have been using the products for years to do exports of sections of land with no scale issue besides the known scale bar. But exporting an entire world does not export the proper scale. A known island that is 340 miles across in FT3 is less than 40 miles across in CC3. The world should be 25000 mile circumference but is only a little over 4000 miles in CC3. I only have the issue with full world export. Is there solution to the issue? Can the export be re-scaled in CC3?

I am using CC3 to export the land outline and elevation data to a DWF and then importing that and the base map image to QGIS to make Leaflet files to create a zoomable webmap that I can import my city and location maps into as overlays.

I have seen the other post where it has been dismissed as not an issue and no solutions to the problem. I did search post before making this post. I have been using the products for years starting with CC2.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited March 2021

Rescaling in CC3+ is pretty easy.

Just start out by making sure no sheets are hidden, and no layers are hidden or frozen.

Then right click Scale and pick the non-visual scale option. Select all entities in the map (A) and Do it (D), then for the scale factor, just type in 25000/4000 and hit enter, for the scale origin type in 0,0 and hit enter. Then hit Zoom Extents.

I used your own numbers for the example there, the calculation is desired size divided by current size. CC3+ handles the calculation just fine itself, so literally type in 25000/4000, but you can always calculate it yourself first if you prefer and type in the result.

• jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker

What projection are you using for the export?