New Mapmaker, can't print consistently?

Hey dudes,

I'm new to CC as a whole, but I'm really enjoying the system as a whole and by my 3rd or 4th map was starting to produce stuff I was happy showing to players! No issues with that, it's more of a feature(?) that I can't seem to wrap my head around:

-Sometimes when I print the map to PDF (we're using a digital medium to stay safe) it outlines my white text in black, and makes my farmland/desert/swamp more gradient. I really like this effect, but I can't get it to happen consistently, and I haven't seen any rhyme or reason to it. (see pics attached, first one did it, second one didn't)

Sorry for the terrible screenshot, but the original file was too large to post. Like you can see, the black outlined text is infinitely more legible. These saves (I printed with each big save so I could revert/check progress) were probably >2 hours apart from each other, but the outlined text and gradient didn't happen in the latter?

A few addendums; I am aware of the "outline in ____" feature, if that's the solution I'll do it manually, but last time I did that the program auto-outlined in black and doubled down, making the small text impossible to read. Please advise, really hoping theres some setting I can toggle or way I can save to make either happen consistently. Thanks!

Comments