How to Change Floor Tiles?

If I put down floor tiles and then later want to change the style, is there a way to change it? Currently, it looks like I either delete and re-floor or draw over it. I have learned from lines that drawing over tends to leave both sets of drawings so I am thinking there must be a better way.

Best Answer

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Accepted Answer

It depends a bit on the style. Most tools makes floors that uses standard bitmap fills. For those, simply use Change Properties to change to a different fills.

A few tools use a scalable hatching fill. This isn't really a simple fill, but rather the area being filled with entities. This cannot be simply changed with change properties, simplest is delete and redraw (Similar with the forests that are made up from individual tree symbols instead of a fill)

And as you point out, drawing over it isn't a good idea. CC3+ isn't a bitmap editor where painting a pixel in a new color replaces what was there, drawing things on top just adds a new entity to the stack. You can however use the old entity as a guideline, and then after drawing over it, erase the original entity.

Answers

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Accepted Answer

It depends a bit on the style. Most tools makes floors that uses standard bitmap fills. For those, simply use Change Properties to change to a different fills.

A few tools use a scalable hatching fill. This isn't really a simple fill, but rather the area being filled with entities. This cannot be simply changed with change properties, simplest is delete and redraw (Similar with the forests that are made up from individual tree symbols instead of a fill)

And as you point out, drawing over it isn't a good idea. CC3+ isn't a bitmap editor where painting a pixel in a new color replaces what was there, drawing things on top just adds a new entity to the stack. You can however use the old entity as a guideline, and then after drawing over it, erase the original entity.

• I tried that before, but it didn't work. It did this time because I hid all but the floor to make sure the right objects were selected. Thanks.